Monitoring

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for the monitors at The Coaching Company

3 posters

Mannerisms of the Salespeople

madster18

Mannerisms of the Salespeople Empty Mannerisms of the Salespeople

Post  madster18 Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:09 am

What is everyone's opinion on documenting the attitudes and mannerisms of the salespeople? I've listened to some calls where the salesperson seemed bored and if I were the customer, I would cancel my order or not buy anything. I think that along with documenting aggressive behavior, we should document things like boredom, or poor grammar and things like that. I don't know. This may be stupid. But if I were the customer and the saleperson couldn't speak correctly or they sounded as if they didn't want to be there, I would think "this company sucks." Of course, our company does NOT suck, so I think those small things could ruin our good reputation or lose a sale. Anyway, feedback? Thanks.
    Maddie
    bhoffma

Mannerisms of the Salespeople Empty Re: Mannerisms of the Salespeople

Post  bhoffma Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 pm

I completley agree with Mad, I often hear salesman staggering to answer a question they don't know the answer to, and I can tell that they are making up things as they go. If i can tell, I'm sure the prospect can. Poor grammar can also play a part in diminishing a sale to prospect, but is hard to control, so maybe only mark it down if you believe it was the main cause of the dismissal of the sale.

I have also come across reps who will ask questions to the prospect, and when they answer, the salesman pauses too long and says " okay, um". The prospect can tell that they aren't really listening to them, especially if the salesman asks the same question twice,making the client believe that the rep is not specifically constructing the best package due to their needs, which is a very key point in why prospects buy this program. It is unprofessional and could easily turn a sale into a not interested. Also I agree with Mad on the tone of the rep's voice. Its a thin line between proving a point to getting aggressivley defensive. If the rep gets frustrated with the prospect, they should always maintain a cool report with the client to represent our company as legitimate and respectful. Prospects see eachother at events and network, so one bad opinion could turn into a slew of bad opinions.

I believe the judgment on what to mark down and not what to mark down should lay on the tone of the entire call. We don't want our salesman to represent our company as a marketing company that just hires anybody who walks in the door, as opposed to knowledgeable salesman who believe and know exactly what they are selling to the client and how it could benefit them. If I were a buyer, I would only buy from a rep who could articuatly explain the benifits of the product for me in a way I can understandand or I won't believe in the product, therefore not purchasing.

I agree with Maddie, the rep should sound as professional and product informed as possible, otherwise it sounds like they don't even know what they are selling. If they don't know what they are selling, maybe the team of the rep should be informed to do a training session?

Who or what team do you believe honestly and knowledgeably represents our company the best way and why?

madster18

Post  madster18 Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:20 pm

I feel that the Manire team is pretty good. They aren't perfect, but they have never sounded bored or uninformed!
    bhoffma

Mannerisms of the Salespeople Empty Mad, I have found that Manire is very well versed as well!

Post  bhoffma Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Here is the perfect (in my opinion) quote by Ryan Manire:

(21:47) "because Mr. Smith doesn't have the ability to work with everyone on a one on one basis, and I am sure everyone would love to have that oppurtunity, and he would love to give it, he is a giving man, we have the next best thing here, and that’s his excellerated wealth team, where he has put together a group of real estate experts where we allow our students to work with on a one on one, more proactive and personal basis where they will be able to teach you the exact same strategies that James used to create his wealth, but obviously on a much smaller scale in the beginning to help you accomplish your financial goals"
    Cperry

Post  Cperry Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:47 pm

I totally agree as well. If they don't sound intelligent or use correct grammar how are people suppose to feel comfortable being with a company that doesn't sound professional. Aggressiveness is I think the most concern though because if you're bored the customer isn't going to complain about the company, but if they are too aggressive then customers can get angry or offended and say something about the company.
    bhoffma

Mannerisms of the Salespeople Empty Aggressive context

Post  bhoffma Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Is there a specific rep or team that you have seen reoccuring patterns of aggresive or demeaning comments? Lets try to catch the pattern of a rep or team weekly bc too aggressive can cost the business' reputation and loss of confidence from students.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:08 am